The KMA election will be held in the Masjid on Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th February and Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th February 2018
The key dates for those members who wish to stand and for those members eligible to vote are in the list below.
Any questions can be submitted to the Election Officers (who were appointed at the EGM on 5th November 2017) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org – the last date for questions is 5pm on Thursday 8th February.
STEP DATE EVENT
1. Wednesday 20 Dec 2017 · The last date for membership applications to be submitted to the Masjid office 30 minutes before Isha Jamaat (to enable eligibility to vote). This date being 60 days prior to elections – per clause 11.15 of the KMA constitution. Membership forms can be obtained from the Musjid office.
2. Sunday 07 Jan 2018 · Nomination forms (with candidate personal statements) for the Management Committee and the Board of Trustees (Note 1) will be available in the Musjid after Zuhr Jammat. · Nomination forms to be completed and posted into one of the two boxes which will be placed in the main Masjid and in the Sister’s area.
3. Friday 19 Jan 2018 · Last date for receipt of nomination forms. The box will be sealed 30 minutes before Isha Jamaat.
4. Sunday 28 Jan 2018 · List of nominated candidates and ‘candidate personal statements’ will be placed onto the Masjid noticeboard and will also be posted to the KMA membership.
5. Sat 10th and Sun 11th and Sat 17th and Sun 18th Feb 2018 · Elections start at 11.00am until 15 minutes before Asr Jamaat. Members can vote at polling booths in the Musjid. Ballot papers will be provided on arrival to vote. All members entitled to vote MUST produce photo ID with name in order to vote.
6. Sunday 18 February 2018 · Election results announced as soon as practical – likely to be late in the day.
Potential applicants should familiarise themselves with the Charity Commission guidance on Trustee duties and ensure that they will have the time and knowledge to properly devote themselves to this important task.
ADMINISTRATION OF THE AFFAIRS OF THE MASJID IS A COMPLEX TASK. CONSEQUENTLY APPLICATIONS FOR POSTIONS ON THE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE OR BOARD OF TRUSTEES FROM HOLDERS OF PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS OR THOSE WITH TRANSFERRABLE SKILLS WOULD BE PREFERABLE.
The Election Officers: Anjum Ahmad, Salim Khan, Saleem Quazi